PRACTICAL POINTS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. Focusing on our problems instead of on God’s power can lead to outrageous statements and hysterical reactions (Numbers 14:1-4).
2. God’s plans are always best; even when circumstances seem to be against us (Numbers 14:5-6).
3. Looking at a challenging situation from God’s perspective makes all the difference in how we handle it (Numbers 14:7-9).
4. Words of faith only arouse more anger in those who are hardened with unbelief (Numbers 14:10).
5. Whether we believe it or not, sometimes God’s patience runs out; so be careful not to test it (Numbers 14:11-12).