PRACTICAL POINTS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. God uses people who are subject to failure, but His purpose will always be fulfilled (Numbers 13:1-3; Deuteronomy 1:21-22).
2. Sometimes God will show us what He has in store for us (Numbers 13:17-20).
3. It is natural for people to want to report good news. This should definitely be true of Christians (Numbers 13:25-26; Romans 1:16; I Corinthians 15:3-8).
4. Obstacles to following God’s will provide opportunities to walk by faith (Numbers 13:27-30).
5. Trusting the word of men instead of the Word of God will only get us in trouble (Numbers 13:31-33).