PRACTICAL POINTS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. We must guard the freedom that Christ gives us so that our old ways won’t enslave us (Galatians 5:1).
2. No one can be saved by tradition, rituals, or customs (Galatians 5:2-4; Romans 10:9).
3. Since righteousness is an attribute of God, our goal should be to be like Him (Galatians 5:5; II Timothy 4:8).
4. Love unifies the body of Christ and overcomes obstacles, breaks barriers and creates opportunities for service (Galatians 5:6; Matthew 22:38-39; II Timothy 1:7).
5. If we remain firmly rooted in God’s Word, deceivers and false teachers can’t sway us with foolish notions (Galatians 5:7-10).
6. The church should give no place to those who contradict Scripture (Galatians 5:12).
7. Each of us can fulfill the law by loving one another (Galatians 5:13-17).