New International Version (NIV)
I. HABAKKUK RECEIVES THE LORD’S MESSAGE (HABAKKUK 2:1-5)
1. I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me,and what answer I am to give to this complaint.
2. Then the Lord replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.
3. For the revelation awaits an appointed time;it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.
4. “See, the enemy is puffed up;his desires are not upright but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness—
5. indeed, wine betrays him;he is arrogant and never at rest. Because he is as greedy as the grave and like death is never satisfied, he gathers to himself all the nations and takes captive all the peoples.
II. HABAKKUK’S JOY AND TRUST (Habakkuk 3:17-19)
17. Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
18. yet I will rejoice in the Lord,I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19. The Sovereign Lord is my strength;he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights. For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.