PRACTICAL POINTS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. We should not assume that God is not working just because we live in dark times (I Samuel 3:1-4).
2. A willingness to receive God’s words and respond in obedience is essential for servants of the LORD (I Samuel 3:5-9).
3. It should be evident to everyone that God’s people are blessed with His empowering presence (I Samuel 3:19-20).
4. Repentance is not simply turning to the LORD; it also means turning away from anything that draws away the devotion He alone deserves (I Samuel 7:3; I Thessalonians 1:9).
5. Holy lives and prayer are essential, divinely ordained means to spiritual victory (I Samuel 7:4-5, 10; Ephesians 6:10-18).
6. Thanksgiving for the victories God gives us should be a priority in our lives and in our corporate worship (I Samuel 7:12).