PRACTICAL POINTS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. Because God is sovereign, He can choose anyone He wants to use and put them wherever their gifts are needed (II Corinthians 1:1).
2. We may wish grace and peace upon our brothers and sisters, but God is the originator of both (II Corinthians 1:2).
3. God not only comforts us in our times of need, but He expects us to return the favor to others (II Corinthians 1:3-4).
4. When we persevere in our sufferings, it encourages others to do the same (II Corinthians 1:5-7).
5. Trials and sufferings will surely come to believers, but we can persevere as we trust in God (II Corinthians 1:8-9).
6. Our prayers can help fellow believers overcome times of suffering and difficult trials (II Corinthians 1:10-11).