New International Version (NIV)
I. THE VALUE OF COMFORT (II Corinthians 1:1-7)
1. Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God in Corinth, together with all his holy people throughout Achaia:
2. Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,
4. who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
5. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.
6. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer.<