PRACTICAL POINTS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. The LORD often speaks to us when hindrances have been removed from our lives (Leviticus 16:1).
2. Although we are God’s children, we cannot approach Him in our own way because He is holy (Leviticus 16:2).
3. Whenever believers assemble, it should be done according to God’s instructions (Leviticus 16:3-4).
4. Unlike the priests who offered sacrifices for sins regularly, Jesus sacrificed Himself for our sins once and for all (Leviticus 16:5-10; Hebrews 7:27).
5. It’s the sinner’s responsibility to seek God for forgiveness of their sins (Leviticus 16:11-12).
6. Sin always leads to death, so atonement for it must be made (Leviticus 16:13; Romans 6:23).
7. Sin is so serious that it required the shedding of blood for its remission (Leviticus 16:14-15; Hebrews 9:22).
8. Our sin defiles everything we touch (Leviticus 16:16).