PRACTICAL POINTS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. God’s commands have authority because they are based on who He is and what He has done (Exodus 20:1-2).
2, No person or thing is to take precedence over God in our lives (Exodus 20:3).
3. We distort God’s holiness when we replace God with representations of Him (Exodus 20:4-6).
4. We dishonor God when we bring disrespect on His name (Exodus 20:7).
5. We honor God as LORD of all by setting aside one day a week for worship (Exodus 20:8-10).
6. By participating in weekly worship, we acknowledge God as Creator (Exodus 20:11).