PRACTICAL POINTS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. Christians must prepare themselves daily to be in the presence of our all-powerful and holy God (Exodus 19:16-17).
2. God chooses to show His glory and power in various ways and at various times (Exodus 19:18).
3. Although God is holy and powerful beyond our understanding, He still desires to come near to His people (Exodus 19:19-20).
4. Since man has a curious nature, it’s often necessary to repeat God’s commands and to set boundaries for our behavior (Exodus 19:21-23).
5. Go does not desire to see men suffer for irreverence or foolish actions (Exodus 19:24-25).