Sunday, November 21, 2021
Lesson Text: Numbers 16:23-35
King James Version (KJV)
I. GOD SPEAKS TO MOSES (Numbers 16:23-24)
23. and the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
24. Speak unto the congregation, saying, Get you up from about the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram.
II. MOSES’ WARNING AND TEST FOR THE PEOPLE (Numbers 16:25-30)
25. And Moses rose up and went unto Dathan and Abiram; and the elders of Israel followed him.
26. And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest ye be consumed in all their sins.
27. So they gat up from the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, on every side: and Dathan and Abiram came out, and stood in the door of their tents, and their wives, and their sons, and their little children.
28. And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the Lord hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.
29. If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then the Lord hath not sent me.
30. But if the Lord make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the Lord.
III. GOD’S JUDGEMENT FALLS ON THE REBELS (Numbers 16:31-35)
31. And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them:
32. And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods.
33. They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation.
34. And all Israel that were round about them fled at the cry of them: for they said, Lest the earth swallow us up also.
35. And there came out a fire from the Lord, and consumed the two hundred and fifty men that offered incense.