Sunday, October 10, 2021
Lesson Text: Numbers 11:24-35
King James Version (KJV)
I. GOD’S SPIRIT ON THE SEVENTY ELDERS (Numbers 11:24-25)
24. And Moses went out, and told the people the words of the Lord, and gathered the seventy men of the elders of the people, and set them round about the tabernacle.
25. And the Lord came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.
II. GOD’S PROPHETS ELDAD AND MEDAD (Numbers 11:26-30)
26. But there remained two of the men in the camp, the name of the one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad: and the spirit rested upon them; and they were of them that were written, but went not out unto the tabernacle: and they prophesied in the camp.
27. And there ran a young man, and told Moses, and said, Eldad and Medad do prophesy in the camp.
28. And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of Moses, one of his young men, answered and said, My lord Moses, forbid them.
29. And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the Lord’S people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!
30. And Moses gat him into the camp, he and the elders of Israel.
III. GOD SENDS QUAIL AND A PLAGUE (Numbers 11:31-35)
31. And there went forth a wind from the Lord, and brought quails from the sea, and let them fall by the camp, as it were a day’s journey on this side, and as it were a day’s journey on the other side, round about the camp, and as it were two cubits high upon the face of the earth.
32. And the people stood up all that day, and all that night, and all the next day, and they gathered the quails: he that gathered least gathered ten homers: and they spread them all abroad for themselves round about the camp.
33. And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the Lord was kindled against the people, and the Lord smote the people with a very great plague.
34. And he called the name of that place Kibrothhattaavah: because there they buried the people that lusted.
35. And the people journeyed from Kibrothhattaavah unto Hazeroth; and abode at Hazeroth.